Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tarara and things :)

First off sorry for not posting more frequent though I was excited to see I have hit over 100 views! So if you tried on of my recipes please post! It is so pleasant to see people are checking out my blog! And a special shout out to Derek who I met and CONGRATS to hitting your Level 4 Sommelier license I hope one day to join you in that!

     Today I decided to try a vineyard I haven't checked out yet Tarara. First off let me tell you the view is breath taking. I rolled up on that dusty road with gorgeous vines to my left and right and was happy to see it was not crowded (my favorite times to check out new vineyards) so I got a more personal wine tasting experience with my taster Brian. He was more then knowledgable and pleasant on all of Tarara's wines and was able to give me information on not only their back story on why they were named Tarara (backwards Ararat the Noah's Arch ship) and we even shared a personal connection being both Catholic School raised. Again I have nothing but pleasant things to say. The vineyard itself reminded me of a little paradise tucked away in Luckettes. Though not close to my home I can tell you the drive was worth it! I have always been a fan of blends (though some people only are a fan on the 100% wines I think blends are the best of both worlds) my favorite being their Nevaeh blend being a little bit of Syrah, Cab Franc, and Merlot. Making a great sipping and foodie wine altogether. I appreciated the tasters personal connections he made with me clearly fitting my tasting to how he perceived I would want. Though it was a wednesday afternoon he completed the tasting with finesse and took his time, not trying to just rush through but let me enjoy my experience. He convinced me to not only buy a bottle of their dry Rose (instead of a glass) as well as buy a copy of the Wine Enthusiast magazine in which their wine maker was featured in their 40 under 40 coverage.
   Overall My little VA wine connoisseurs, if you like amazing views, personal experiences, delicious blends, and intriguing ports (literally a port I could not quite place on my pallat that was how complex the delicious port seemed to be). I totally recommend the place. They have a big property and also they have a ton of events and concerts (If I didn't work so much I would love to try). Overall an amazing experience. Thank You Brian! Thank You Tarara!!!

PS. Bloggers please comment!!! I would love to get feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment