Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Marinade and My Weekly thoughts

     Just got an encouraging email from my boss at the winery telling me I am doing an awesome job getting people to sign up for our VIP club, which made my day. It made me think though why my sales have shot up lately. I really think it is because I have developed such a passion for wine and this industry. Wine is so fascinating and the vineyard I work at is just the best. I seriously love my job and every day I feel blessed to get to meet new people and talk wine and get paid. The reason I am posting this is to encourage my fellow cork dorks out there to go out and learn the culture and process of wine. I personally think tastings are the best way to do it, when you get to just sit and talk to people who love wine and know wine you learn so much. I wish I wasn't working so much so I could go do some tastings... but then again I love both of my jobs. Well here is another recipie:

Papillion Marinade
- A bottle of Chrysalis' Papillion (a blend of Nebbiolo, Petit Verdot, Viognier, and Tannat)
-Salt
-pepper
-garlic
-minced onions

Simple. pour wine and spices to taste. Marinade your steak in this or Portabella mushrooms. Can also be use as a steak broth for fondue.


No comments:

Post a Comment